My Royal Court

30 December 2011

Cease and Desist

With less than 48 hours until 2012 arrives, here is a request.  Not having to hear these hackneyed expressions will produce much jubilation for this Queen. 

Just sayin’ – really?
LOL – Instead of texting or saying it, do it as boisterously and as frequently as possible.
Epic fail – A failure is a failure no matter how large, and in the truer sense, epic should not modify fail.  Check the meaning.
Viral – please! 
It is what it is – is not that apparent?
Sleep in – in what?  A tent?  Simply saying one is sleeping late will suffice and is correct.
Dead Presidents – a misnomer actually since not all gentleman featured on U.S. currency were presidents!
When it rains, it pours – not always.  (My students should recognize this one and be able to explain it!)

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Your Majesty, Your Royal Highness, The Greatest Queen of this century and the last,

    How happy you have made your loyal subject. I detest these hackneyed expressions, although I admit that occasionally I use "just sayin'" as a joke. The expression I hate the most is "sleep in." It makes no damn sense (please pardon my use of an expletive in your royal presence). My ex-husband and I fought about this one for years. Yes, I sleep in every night and sometimes into the morning. I SLEEP IN A BED! Thank you, thank you, Your Majesty, for pointing out these major stupiditities. Your Majesty, if you have the time, I would be so honored if you would read the poem I posted today. It is called "Boy."

    Infinities of love from your faithful servant,

    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should Lol more frequently :)
    Happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally guilty of the "it is what it is" one. Womp womp. I'll go stand in the corner now. [Happy New Year!]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only ever sleep in a bed and rarely do I sleep late I am more often then not up pretty early.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with all your choices. Matter of fact, let's say this old lady is LMAOOTFAICGU (Laughing my ass off on the floor and I can't get up) Just yanking your chain.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SR - :)

    Lola - will do

    JJ - Yes, please do!

    Gia - when you are up for re-election, should we vote yay?

    JRJ - So much for that, then!

    WA - Back atcha.

    SFS - So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so funny I love how you make fun of LOL people really do use that phrase way too much and it's unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...